Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An Experiment Begins



This afternoon marks the beginning of an 11 week adventure in the Department of Arts and Consciousness at JFK University. Together, a group of graduate, undergraduate and prospective students, will embark on an artistic process, that is, the co-creation of a course in Intermedia, aptly subtitled: "Experimental Foundations in New Practices".




My role is to facilitate an experience that allows each student to individually stretch beyond their own boundaries. My intention is to provide a grounded framework that allows flexibility, yet challenges each to push past a personal edge. In this course, and here online, I will share my own internal converstion and musings on life and art.

I continually marvel at the connection between our inner experience and the outer world, and this has transformed the way I see myself and experience so-called reality. Through art, I see a fusion of thought with material, imagination manifest, infused with something greater, perhaps simply that magic juju of the universe. Here, then, let us celebrate the exquisite lust to create, be present and know ourselves through art.

No comments: